Saturday, September 24, 2011

crustless quiche

So I know I should be updating on whats going on in my life and what not, but I'm far too excited about the breakfast I just made.  Yes I know its 11 am, not really breakfast time, but I don't care.  As long as its the 1st meal of the day it can be breakfast IMO.  Anyway, so Trader Joes in Fresno used to have these MARVELOUS crust-less quiches.  When I first went gluten-free, I lived off of them for breakfast.  One day I went in to buy some, and they were gone! Apparently, Trader Joes does not love me, and decided to not carry them in the valley anymore :(  (they do this with practically everything I love.  I basically stopped shopping there because it got too frustrating to find something I really liked only to have it gone, never to return again the next time I went in)  Well, after pining for them for quite some time, today I MADE SOME! I've tried it before, but they never really came out with the same crusty crust-less-ness if that makes any sense.  They were always soggy, or stuck to teh pan.  Apparently, the solution is as easy as silicone baking pans!
the only one I had was in bunt form... also ignore the spillage, I'm a messy baker
 I know no one who reads this probably ever had reason to try these Trader Joes beauties, but in case you decide you want some, here is the recipe I coordinated from various food websites and made my own.  I only used 3 eggs, because I cook mainly for 1 or 2 around here, so it didn't even make a whole pan worth, but you can easily make however many you want.

3 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne
pepper jack cheese (i just sprinkled however much I wanted in the bowl, so it depends on  your taste)
3 tbsp rotel ( I used the lime/cilantro version)



mix it all together, and pour into a silicone baking pan that has been sprayed with pam.  cook at 375 for 25 min.  pull it out and you have southwest crust-less quiches.  Using the same base of egg and sour cream, you can add basically whatever you want to make the quiche you prefer, be it broccoli and cheese, pepper and mushroom, ect.  Perfect breakfast.  and you can save them in the freezer and re-heat them! I'm so excited.  I'm going to go eat more!

No comments:

Post a Comment