Wednesday, September 7, 2011

All Play and No Work Makes Jen a Crafty Girl

So just an update on how I'm keeping myself busy in the time before we move (which we didn't ask for and during which we won't be getting a dime, but it means we get to travel together, so there are up sides and down sides).  I've made a ducky towel, 

which I found a tutorial for HERE at SewDad. Yes, Colin is wearing a ducky towel :)
And I've made two pairs of baby shoes made from Shwin & Shwin patterns and tutorials, one for my friend Christa I used to work with, shes having a little boy, you can find the pattern HERE

and one for my sister-in-law's upcoming little girl (for all who know her, I hope that I didn't spill the beans and you already knew it was coming and going to be a girl...).  You can find that pattern HERE.  I'd like to add some elastic, but I can only find white.  The shoes have some off white in them, but the white looks so... white next to the shoes.  So I'm not sure what to do about that.  I'd prefer some pink elastic.  Can you dye elastic? 

And, just for an update, the movers are coming tomorrow for our 
unaccompanied baggage, and we've been preparing...



Those signs all say "Do Not Pack", and that's our spare bathroom, full of everything they need to take.
More on how that went after they come!

No comments:

Post a Comment